The Barrister Firm handles all aspects of criminal defense representation and the civil cases involving allegations of criminal conduct or similar wrongdoing. We have significant experience in the areas of business, tax, and securities frauds; trade secret theft; money laundering; Medicare and Medicaid frauds; bank fraud; forfeiture matters; and immigration crimes.
- Defend during Grand Jury and other government investigations
- Defend clients who have been charged with a crime or targeted in civil enforcement actions
- Counsel clients before federal and state courts and agencies including the U.S. Department of Justice and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Conduct internal investigations for individual and corporate clients, rooting out fraud and abuse, and helping them design prevention and detection programs
- Represent individuals and businesses victimized by crime in presenting those matters to both federal and state authorities clients for possible criminal prosecution
We have an extensive federal and Florida state court white collar and government investigation practice. In addition to our federal practice, we have substantial experience with investigations conducted by the Florida Attorney General’s Office, including matters before the Economic Crimes Division (which often prosecutes under Florida’s Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act) and the Environmental Crime Division. We also represent clients subject to various Florida civil and administrative enforcement proceedings concerning alleged misconduct.